your privacy is our upmost priority. we promise we will never sell your personal information. to anyone. ever.
effective date: march 20, 2021
information we may collect about you. we may collect information about you when you interact with the websites, including when you log in to the websites, create an account, join our mailing list, make a purchase, request a service, request information, communicate with customer service, apply for a job, or upload content to the websites through various means, including your social media account, which may feed information to the websites. the information that we may collect includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- contact information (including name, postal addresses, email address, and telephone number);
- purchase and transaction information (including payment card information, billing and mailing addresses, and information about the products and services that you purchased);
- login credentials;
- demographic information (including age/birthdate, gender, and country in which you are located);
- information that you provide to us through the websites regarding your eye color, skin, health, activities, and skincare concerns;
- social media handles;
- preferences regarding products and services;
- information that you choose to submit in connection with your comments or inquiries; and
- photographs and other content that you provide.
information we may collect through automated means. we may automatically collect information about the devices that you use to interact with the websites, as well as information about how you interact with the websites. the information that we collect may be associated with any personal information that you have provided to us. the information that we automatically collect may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- location (based on internet protocol (ip) address);
- ip address and other device identifiers;
- browser type and version;
- operating system type;
- language your system uses and country and time zone where your device is located;
- information you searched for on the websites;
- when and for how long you visited the websites;
- pages you visited while on the websites;
- time spent on those pages; and
- web page that referred you to our websites.
how we protect children’s privacy. our websites are general audience websites not directed at children under the age of 13. if we obtain actual knowledge that any information we collect has been provided by a child under the age of 13, we will promptly delete that information.
how we may use the information we collect about you. we may use the information we collect about you to do the following:
- provide products, services, and other information, including advertising, that may interest you;
- facilitate your transactions, including processing and fulfilling purchases, shipping orders, scheduling and confirming appointments, communicating about orders and their status, and personalizing the customer experience, where possible;
- provide services you have requested;
- send you promotional materials and other communications, in accordance with applicable laws;
- respond to your inquiries;
- send you email alerts, if you request to receive them;
- communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, special events, contests, sweepstakes, programs, offers, loyalty programs, surveys and market research;
- deliver advertisements based on your interests;
- provide you with an interactive social media experience that allows you to connect your social networking community to the websites;
- create and manage your account;
- help you locate beauty professionals and distributors of our products;
- operate and manage the websites;
- operate, evaluate, and improve our business, including by managing, enhancing, improving, and analyzing our products, services, business, and the performance and functioning of the websites; developing new products and services; managing our communications; and performing accounting, auditing, and other internal functions;
- enforce our agreements;
- study how consumers use the websites; and
- perform other market research, such as determining trends and business opportunities based on consumer activity;
- ensure a secure online environment and comply with legal requirements;
- protect against and detect fraud, abuse, and other unlawful activity;
- comply with all applicable laws and our reporting obligations.
profiling. we may use your personal information to develop a personal profile about you to allow us, for example, to treat you in a more personal way as part of our customer outreach.
analytics. we may use third-party analytics services, such as google, shopify or pinterest analytics, on our websites. the analytics providers may use technologies such as cookies, web server logs, and web beacons to help us analyze visitors’ use of our websites. the information collected through these technologies, including your ip address, may be disclosed to the analytics providers and other relevant third parties that use the information to analyze the use of the websites.
do not track. we do not alter our data collection and use practices in response to do not track signals.
in addition, as noted above, we may share your information with third-party analytics companies for the purpose of conducting research about how our websites are used and what products and services consumers prefer. these third parties use this information to provide us the services and perform the functions for which we have contracted.
we also may provide to third parties, including other businesses and members of the public, aggregated statistical data showing general usage patterns and statistics, interactions, and transactions with our websites. this data does not personally identify you or provide specific information about individual usage.
we also may share your information with third parties, including law enforcement authorities, where we determine that doing so is appropriate to:
- protect our property, services, and legal rights;
- prevent physical harm to persons or to the property of others, financial loss, security incidents, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity;
- prevent fraud against wild beauty cosmetics and others;
- support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions;
- comply with subpoenas, court orders, or similar legal processes issued by law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts; and
- comply with any and all applicable laws.
if you would like to disconnect a social network account from the websites, refer to the settings of your social network account and its provider.
your internet browser or mobile device may allow you to block the transmission of certain information. for example, you may be able to configure your browser to notify you when you receive certain types of cookies, restrict or disable certain cookies, or block cookies altogether. you also may be able to delete certain cookies, called flash cookies, by visiting the adobe flash website storage settings panel and global storage settings panel. you may choose to enable these options, but doing so may prevent you from using features and functions available on the websites.
how we retain and protect your information. we have implemented an information security program that includes administrative, technical, and physical controls that are designed to reasonably safeguard information that can individually identify you.
you can review, modify, and delete certain information related to your use of our websites by accessing your account. you can unsubscribe to email, text, or other messages through your account settings or by following the instructions contained in the message. you also may ask us to update your information by contacting us at email@example.com. unless you direct us otherwise, we reserve the right to retain your personal information to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law.
business transfers and corporate changes. we reserve the right to disclose and transfer all information related to the websites, including personal information, to a subsequent owner, co-owner, or operator of one or more of the websites; or in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, or restructuring; the sale of substantially all of our stock and assets; or other corporate change, including, without limitation, during the course of any due diligence process.
location and transfer of personal information. wild beauty cosmetics is a global company and may collect and process information in countries throughout the world. therefore, subject to applicable laws, your personal information may be located and processed in a country where wild beauty cosmetics does business, other than your country of residence or the country from which you provided wild beauty cosmetics with your personal information. these other countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you reside.
in addition, we may transfer the personal information we collect about you through the websites to our affiliates, subsidiaries, and service providers in other countries, such as to the united states, for the purposes described above. when we transfer your personal information to another country, we do so in accordance with applicable law.
links to other websites and third-party plug-ins. our websites may contain links to other websites for your convenience and information. these websites may be operated by companies not affiliated with us. we strongly suggest that you review the privacy policies or notices of linked websites that you visit. we are not responsible for the content of any websites that are not affiliated with us, use of those websites, or the privacy practices of those websites.
the providers of third-party plug-ins, such as social networking tools, on our websites may use automated means to collect information regarding your use of the websites and your interactions with these features. this information is governed by the privacy policies of the providers of the third-party plug-ins. to the extent permitted by law, we are not responsible for these third-party plug-in providers’ privacy practices.
notice to residents of california. if you are a california resident, california civil code section 1798.83 permits you to opt out of the disclosure of your personal information by wild beauty cosmetics to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. to opt out of such disclosures, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at:
wild beauty cosmetics, 1007 41st avenue, santa cruz, california, 95062, usa
notice to residents of the united kingdom, european union, and other non-u.s. countries
wild beauty cosmetics processes personal information for the purposes described above. in some situations, the collection of personal information may be required for the operation of our websites or to provide you with certain products or services. if we use the information in other ways, we will provide you with specific notice and legal basis for processing your information at the time of collection.
we process personal information where we have a legal basis to do so. the legal basis we will rely on will, in almost all situations, be one of the following:
- you have consented to our processing your personal information;
- the processing is necessary to perform a contract with you or to fulfill a request you have made;
- the processing is necessary to comply with a legal obligation that applies to wild beauty cosmetics; or
- the processing is necessary for purposes that are in wild beauty cosmetics’ legitimate interests as a multinational beauty and cosmetics company in order to, for example, protect our business and to better understand our customers.
if we intend to further process personal information that we have collected for a purpose other than that for which it was originally collected, we will provide you with information about this secondary purpose and any additional information necessary to ensure fair and transparent processing, before we engage in further processing.
what are cookies? a cookie is a small text file that can be stored on and accessed from your device when you visit one of our websites, to the extent that you consent. this allows our websites to distinguish your device from those of other users of the websites.
to administer our websites and for research purposes, we may contract with third-party service providers to track and analyze statistical information about usage of, and volume of traffic on our websites. these third-party service providers may use persistent cookies to help us improve the user experience, manage content on our websites, and track user behavior.
we also may contract with third-party service providers to send emails to users who have provided us with their contact information. to help measure and improve the effectiveness of our email communications, the third-party service providers may drop cookies on users’ devices. all data that these third-party service providers collect on behalf of wild beauty cosmetics will be used solely by or on behalf of us and will be shared externally only on an anonymous, aggregated basis.
we may use the following types of cookies for the described purposes:
strictly necessary/technical: these cookies are necessary to allow us to operate our websites so you can access the websites as you have requested. these cookies, for example, let us recognize that you have created an account and have logged into that account to access site content. they also include cookies that enable us to remember your previous actions within the same browsing session and secure our websites.
analytical/performance: these cookies are used by us or our business partners to analyze how our websites are used and how they are performing. for example, these cookies track what pages are most frequently visited and from what locations our visitors arrive. if you subscribe to a newsletter or otherwise register with our websites, these cookies may be correlated to you.
functionality: these cookies let us operate our websites in accordance with the choices you make. these cookies permit us to “remember” you between visits. for instance, we will recognize your user name and remember how you customized our websites by, for example, adjusting text size, languages, fonts, and other parts of the websites that are alterable, and provide you with the same customizations during future visits to the websites.
it’s your choice to provide information. you can choose not to provide personal information to wild beauty cosmetics by refraining from, among other things, making purchases, using our services, applying for a job, and requesting information. you also may refrain from submitting information directly to us. however, if you do not provide personal information when requested, we may not be able to provide you with the full range of our products and services, or with information about our products, services, promotions, and other opportunities.
we reserve the right to store your personal information to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law.
your rights. you have certain rights regarding the personal information that we maintain about you, which in certain circumstances you will be able to exercise. these rights are as follows:
- you may request a copy of the personal information that we maintain about you. if we maintain your information based on your consent or so that we could enter into a contract with you, you can also request that we provide you a copy of your information in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format.
- if your information is incorrect, you may request that we correct, amend, or delete information that is inaccurate.
- you may request that we erase or restrict the processing of your personal information.
- you may object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances when we process your data for the purposes of our legitimate interests.
- subject to applicable law, we will comply with your request as soon as practicable, and in any event, within not more than 1 month after receiving a valid request. if your request is particularly complicated, we may have to extend this period to 2 months. any request to exercise these rights will be assessed in accordance with applicable law and there may be circumstances where we are not legally required to comply with your request. for example, we may reject requests that we determine are unreasonably repetitive or that risk the privacy of others. access and correction requests may be done for free, unless they are repetitive, excessive or unfounded, in which case we may charge you the administrative costs we have incurred handling the request.
some of these rights can be exercised online via your account. if you are unable to manage your request via your online account then please contact us at email@example.com.
right to opt out of marketing or withdraw consent. you may at any time tell us not to send you marketing communications by email by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link within the marketing emails you receive from us or by contacting us as indicated below. we will apply your preferences going forward, subject to applicable law. in some circumstances, withdrawing your consent to wild beauty cosmetics’ use or disclosure of your personal information will mean that you will not be able to take advantage of certain wild beauty cosmetics products and services.
complaints. if you are unhappy or have concerns about the way in which we have handled your personal information, please contact us so that we can try to resolve the issue. we encourage you to get in touch with us first; however, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the applicable supervisory authority.
wild beauty cosmetics, 1007 41st avenue, santa cruz, california, 95062, usa